PROMOTIONAL CONTEST ENTRY RULES
These rules are for promotional contests that ORNL Federal Credit Union may offer from time to time. Promotional contests may be made available across one or more channels, including in branches, social media outlets, advertisements, and/or other channels as deemed necessary. Some promotional contests will have additional rules and will be made available when applicable.
NO PURCHASE, OBLIGATION, OR TRANSACTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER A PROMOTION OR RECEIVE AWARD(S) OR PRIZE(S) FOR WINNING A PROMOTION. BEING A MEMBER OF THE CREDIT UNION DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- All members of ORNL Federal Credit Union and non-members are eligible to participate.
- Participants must be at least 18 years or older to participate.
- A name(s) will be randomly selected by ORNL Federal Credit Union and will be announced on the date listed in the promotional contest material.
- The promotional contest winner(s) will be contacted within five (5) business days after the end of the promotional contest period.
- The promotional contest winner(s) must respond to claim their award(s) or prize(s) within three (3) business days of being contacted. If a response is not received, a new winner(s) will be randomly selected.
- The promotional contest winner(s) must pick-up their award(s) or prize(s) at a designated ORNL Federal Credit Union branch within ten (10) days of being notified.
- Acceptance of an award or prize by the promotional contest winner(s) shall constitute and signify a promotional contest winner’s consent to the use of his/her name, voice, photograph, and likeness for publicity or promotional purposes without compensation in any media now existing or hereinafter devised.
- Prize winners may be required to sign Acceptance of Prize-Incentive and/or Authorization to Use Likeness release forms. In the event of non-compliance with these requirements, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
- All participants agree to release and hold ORNL Federal Credit Union harmless.
- If any dispute or controversy arises with respect to the selection of the winner(s), the decisions of ORNL Federal Credit Union shall be final and binding in all respects.
- All applicable taxes are the responsibility of the winner(s).
- By participating in a promotional contest, the participant and their heirs, personal representatives, and next of kin forever releases, waives, discharges, and agrees to hold harmless ORNL Federal Credit Union and its Directors, Officers, Employees, Agents, and Sponsors from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, and damages arising out of or related to any loss, injury, or damages, whether caused by the negligence of the released parties or otherwise, that may be caused as a result of participation in a promotional contest or the receipt of any award(s) or prize(s).
- Alternate participation entries need to be mailed to: ORNL Federal Credit Union, Attention: Marketing Department, 2077 Town Center Blvd. Suite #204, Knoxville, TN 37922.
- ORNL Federal Credit Union is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, or illegible participation entries.
- Employees and volunteers of ORNL Federal Credit Union, and their immediate families, are not eligible for participation in promotional contests unless stated otherwise in the promotional contest materials. Immediate family includes spouse, parents, children, stepparents, and stepchildren.
- By participating in a promotional contest, the participant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. All decisions are in the sole and absolute discretion of ORNL Federal Credit Union. Any violation or non-compliance with these Official Contest Rules will result in disqualification.
- Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in an ORNL Federal Credit Union promotional contest, the participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the promotional contest, including awards or prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement, and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration may be entered in a court having jurisdiction. The participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than the participant’s out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering the promotional contest), and the participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Entering the promotional contest does not entitle any participant to an award(s) or prize(s). Only the participants selected in the random drawing and who claim the award(s) or prize(s) according to these rules will receive the award(s) or prize(s) listed.
- Each individual participant may enter their name into the promotional contest one (1) time, unless stated otherwise. Duplicate entries will be discarded and not entered into the promotional contest, unless otherwise stated, within the sole discretion of ORNL Federal Credit Union.
- ORNL Federal Credit Union is the official sponsor of the stated promotional contest with a principal place of business located at 221 South Rutgers Avenue, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831 and a mailing address of P.O. Box 365, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831.
- For more information, call 865.688.9555 or 800.676.5328.