Student Money Management
Our Student Money Management Account allows you to learn real life lessons about money before you head out into the real world.
Click here for the latest issue of Managing Money, the club's quarterly member newsletter.
The Free Student Money Management Account offers you:
- A Student checking account with no minimum balance or monthly service charge.
- A Cheque Mate VISA Check Card at no charge.
- A Youth Loan Program, offering loans up to $500 (with approval and co-signature of a parent or guardian). These small loans give you the opportunity to establish credit and learn when a loan is appropriate or not.
- The quarterly newsletter Managing Money, filled with money management tips and financial information geared toward teenagers.
- Automatic entrance in quarterly drawings for special prizes.
- A gift for opening the account.
- Googolplex - An online guide for student money makers!
- AND MORE!
To qualify for a Student Money Management Account, you must:
- Be 13 to 23 years old.
- Be eligible for credit union membership. (Teenagers are eligible if their employer or a family member is an ORNL Federal Credit Union Member.)
- Open and maintain a basic savings account.
*A parent or guardian must be a joint owner of the account.
Stop by any of our branches or give us a call at 865-688-9555 or 1-800-676-5328 to open your Free Student Money Management Account Today!
In compliance with the Children’s On-Line Privacy Act (COPPA), ORNL Federal Credit Union does not collect personal information from children.
Verified by Visa for your credit card is a secure and easy to use service that gives you added security and extra protection when you pay for anything online.